How many times has this happened to you? Your boss ends the day with the stack of papers you’ve been waiting for all day and new instructions that your report is due in the next 42 hours.
Your significant other wont answer your calls; your mother sends you guilt-tripping messages; your landlady ignores you when you tell her a part of your ceiling is leaking; you feel a throbbing pain in your temples; while your credit card bills take over even in your dreams.
Hopefully, this hasn’t happened to many times, but when it does, take it easy for just a minute!
First, take a deep breath, close your eyes and try to unravel your thoughts.
Sometimes, taking control over a chaotic life, a stressful situation, a physical ailment or an emotional dilemma starts within you – your mind, your subconscious, specifically.
And communicating with your subconscious – negotiating with your own self – CAN be achieved through self-hypnosis.
How to do it?
Here’s a sample basic procedure.
1. Find a venue conducive for relaxation: a quite room, with the temperature comfortable and the lights just right (not too dim, not too bright). Light a candle and incense if you desire.
2. Surround your place with sound pleasant to your ears. Play relaxing music. Bring in a portable fountain. Hang some chimes where the breeze blows. The sound of music is soothing.
3. Find a comfortable position. Surround yourself with pillows, blankets, and the like. A caring, healing sensation eases stress.
4. Tell yourself: “I am light, I am comfortable, I am at ease. All my tensions, worries and anxieties are gone. I am light, I am comfortable, I am at ease.” Repeat many times while breathing deeply.
5. Picture what you want your life to be. Visualize every detail, every situation that you want to happen. Imagine it so as if it is really happening.
6. Repeat no. 4. Breathe in and out, and imagine yourself being surrounded by a bright, luminous light starting from your forehead until it fills the room.
7. Wake up when you’re ready.
Repeat this procedure regularly. This exercise helps you clear your thoughts. It may lead you to self-revelations that would help you assess the situation on how you live your dreams.
It may or may not work, your goal may or may not be achieved – the universe has reasons humans may not fathom.
Some people even have a hard time listening to themselves! If this is the case, get yourself a good hypnosis tape and let someone else tell you what to do. Many people will take instructions from others in this area, but will not listen to themselves.
The other nice thing about a hypnosis tape is that you will know exactly how long it will take you; you won’t have to worry about falling asleep and not waking up – because the hypnotist will bring you out of the trance when you’re relaxed and refreshed.
The important thing is this: self-hypnosis will help you become a better person – calmer, more attuned to yourself, and more willing to help others.
With your tensions and worries away, who knows what you can do!